Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Defining Agile

I was running through some blog links this morning and came across this gem from Elizabeth Hendrickson, someone whose books I love but hadn't put her blog in my aggregator for some strange reason.

From this blog post Defining Agile Results, Characteristics and Practices
comes this gem:
"I define Agile in terms of results. Specifically, Agile teams:
  • Deliver a continuous stream of potentially shippable product increments
  • At a sustainable pace
  • While adapting to the changing needs and priorities of their organization"
I like the way its spelled out simply, concise and is the goal of many of the Agile groups I have worked with, or have been trying to get that way.  I am definitely going to be using it, and thinking of it, when I work on my upcoming projects.

No comments: